Summer Work Wear -- Red, White, & Blue


Here's a patriotic look that I wore for the first day of July and the last day of class. 

This polka-dot pencil skirt is a favorite of mine, and it was the very inexpensive fruit of a dig through Target clearance racks. The white button-up is a hand-me-down from my mom. I have another white button-up, but this one is light-weight and breathable, and it's gathered around the buttons so that it doesn't gap as easily as some of my other button-up shirts.

Like the coral beads I wore earlier in this series, these used to be a long, straight strand, but I wanted more of a statement necklace look so I tied the necklace in knots and ran a cord through the ends to tie it on. It's a great way to update any old strand of beads or cheap pearls.

This messy side-bun was a last-minute discovery that I loved. I felt glamorous and casual all at once.

And now that the summer term is over, I'm looking forward to expressing even more patriotic fashion fervor as we celebrate Independence day this weekend.


Comments

Popular Posts