DIY waistband cincher in 3 easy steps


Like a lot of women, I have a few pairs of pants that fit me pretty well, but tend to gap in the back of the waistband. As part of my 1-year-no-new-clothes challenge, instead of chucking those pants for better ones, I decided to make the ones I have fit. My first plan was to buy one of these:

(You can buy one here)

Basically, this little half-belt is made of thick adjustable elastic, and it hooks on to your belt-loops so you can cinch your pants in the back without having the bulk or look of a belt in front. When I went to find one in my local store, they were sold out, and I didn't feel like waiting. So, I made my own.

Supplies: A stretchy belt that you don't mind cutting up, some simple loop belt hooks (I'm not really sure what they're called, but you can see them in the picture), scissors, a needle, and thread.

 1. Cut off the existing belt buckles on your stretchy belt


2. Sew on the new buckles


3. Loop it through your belt loops, pull the belt through the buckles, and adjust it until it's the right size.


That's it! So far, it's working really well. It does put a bit of strain on the belt loops, but I suspect that the "real" version of this belt would do the same thing, so at least this way, I saved some money. 


Comments

Popular Posts