Chicago Manual of Style

Our trip to Chicago was quick, but fun. I enjoyed reading my dissertation excerpt about Bob Dylan's "apocalyptic collages of the Enlightenment" for the Popular Culture Association/American Culture Association national conference, talking with other 60s buffs and Dylan fans, and, of course, exploring the city (more to come on that in a future post.) What's really important, though, is what I wore. :)



All ready for my presentation, with a magic blazer. ("Magic" because blazers make outfits seem instantly professional.)


For exploring Millennium Park and the Art Institute later that day, I just added a scarf on top and my chambray button up under my blazer, because the weather was gorgeous and I didn't need heavy layers.


Our last day out it was bright and sunny, but the wind was really cold. I ended up with a combination of sun and windburn, and there's a good reason you can't really see what I'm wearing. (The teal cardigan over my chambray top if you're curious). I like how I ended up looking like I belonged in a 60s spy film, but really, I was just cold. 

For the most part, my previously-discussed packing plan worked out, with one important exception: I should have packed flats. Despite how comfortable my ankle boots are generally, they couldn't hold up to the amount of walking we were doing. On day 2, I pulled out my gap gift card leftover from Christmas and, in a huge stroke of luck, found the only pair of flats in my size on sale in the spacious Magnificent-Mile Gap store. What you can't see in the final pictures is that I'm wearing these black ballet flats -- with socks. (It was cold!)



Comments

Popular Posts