The Pajama Game

My birthday brought with it a host of wonderful Target gift cards from my wonderful family who understand my addiction. They knew about the 1-year-no-new-clothes challenge, and thought that I was allowed to buy new clothes if I used gift cards. That was almost right. Technically, I'm only supposed to buy clothes I truly need and then only with gift cards or at a thrift store. However, It's not nice to look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I mean, my sweet family got me those cards for the express purpose of buying clothes, and also, per the rules, I am allowed to accept clothes as gifts. It was quite the conundrum.

So, I compromised and bought some new pajamas, reasoning that pajamas aren't "real" clothes. Here they are:



There's a problem, though. Check out these pictures of some non-pajama clothes that are quite similar to the pajamas I just bought:

Pajama style trousers from Zara

Pajama-style pants in action, from People Style Watch




See my problem? The pajamas have a lot of non-pajama potential. Because the top is light and summery and embroidered, I want to mix it in with my regular summer wardrobe. The bottoms make me want to see if I can pull off the slouchy, printed pant trend. In short, I'm asking, you, my readers, a very important question: Is it cheating to wear these new pajamas as "regular" clothes this year? I humbly await your judgment.



Comments

Popular Posts