Back to Who

This Saturday was the premiere of the new season of Doctor Who -- and also the premiere of a new doctor replacing Matt Smith, who was my favorite. 

To get ready, we enjoyed breakfast and coffee, which Adam drank from his favorite Dalek mug:


Then we listened to our own little Dalek:

 "Exterminate!"

Then, it was time to get crafty with a DIY iron-on transfer that I put on an old t-shirt:

No peeking, yet!

We headed to the theatre, tickets in hand, for the big premiere watch party.




 Why yes, that is a kitten in a bow-tie.





I'll miss the 11th doctor (or 12th, depending on how you look at it), but I believe he lives on in the heart of this tiny, bow-tie-wearing kitten. Watching the premiere in a nice, cold theatre with a bunch of nerd friends was a great way to wrap up summer break. 

In other news, did you know bow tie is spelled with two separate words? It felt weird to me, so I hyphenated. I hyphenate now. Hyphens are cool.

(If you're not a Doctor Who fan, you should still check out the Angelika in Dallas for all their fun screenings of TV shows, classic movies, new releases, and interesting indie films.)



Comments

Popular Posts