Impossible Girl




Over the last year, Adam and I have become big Doctor Who fans, so when the time came for us to decide on our Halloween costumes and a theme for our church's trunk or treat, the choice was easy: we would transform our blue SUV into a Tardis and dress as Clara and the 11th Doctor. Clara was the perfect choice for my year of no-new-clothes, because I already own lots of pieces similar to hers.

 I already owned all the components of the outfit above except for the dress, so, following the rules of the no-new-clothes challenge, I pulled out my last remaining Target gift card, and set out to find a printed navy dress that would work. Thrift stores were also an option, but when I found this dress at Target just in time for my road trip at the start of the month, I knew it was the perfect piece because it would be so versatile both for Clara and for Christine. 

Accessories are key for Clara. She wears some sort of black ankle boot and tights in almost every episode. She also likes to mix girly dresses with tougher pieces, like this leather jacket. The red bag was a fun extra that I already owned.



It's hard to tell in these pictures, but I pinned up the front of the dress to simulate the high-low hem on Clara's dress.


 After Halloween, I'll be sure to share some good pictures of Clara and the Doctor (Adam looks good in a bow-tie) next to our Tardis car.



Comments

Popular Posts