Fall Fashion: Autumn Florals and Butterflies

Among the various trends to make it from the runways to the fashion magazines for fall 2014, the one that made me happiest was of butterflies and various flora and fauna showing up in gorgeous, rich fall colors everywhere from bold, stained-glass like prints on dresses to delicate rings and pendants. Usually I save butterflies and flowers for the spring, but I have this necklace that doesn't quite fit in fall or spring, because it's a fall-colored butterfly. I usually wear it anyway. I've been a lover of butterflies in fashion since they fluttered up in our t-shirt designs and plastic hair clips in the 90s. This year, however, I was excited to be right on trend.

 Those aren't wrinkles in my shirt from leaving my clean laundry in a bedside pile for a week...those are artful creases...yeah...


 I picked up this lovely necklace in a whimsical shop in Whitby, England. We went there for the amazing fish and chips (fish as large as my head) and for the literary connections to Dracula. Many of the Dracula spots turned out to be closed, but I was happy to come home with this gem of a necklace.

 In case you thought the title was misleading, as you can see, this necklace boasts autumn florals in a butterfly. How much more on-trend could I be?





Comments

Popular Posts