Fall Fashion: Peep of peplum


As my 1-year-no-new-clothes challenge comes down to the final two months, I thought I should try to tackle as many of the fall trends as I can without buying anything new. In addition to trying trends, I also have to wear as many warm, rich fall colors as I can. Today's look covers a fading trend, peplum waists, and one of my favorite color combos for fall: teal and goldenrod.

I love this dress with the tiny peplum detail. I'm not one to be a slave to fashion trends, but I got this back in 2012 when peplums were a big thing. Then they stayed big for 2013, and I was happy, because I got to keep wearing the beautiful, stretchy, work-perfect teal dress. This year, style forecasters said that peplums would stick around for 2014, but that this might be their last hurrah. That means I want to get as much wear out of this as I can. Like I said, I'm not a slave to trends, but I do enjoy working current trends into my personal style, so as soon as I can buy new clothes, I'll probably want to update. For now, though, I'm quite happy that the peplum is sticking around.





In other news, Adam and I are trying the 21-day fix diet/exercise plan. This picture was taken on day one. Maybe I'll wear this dress after the 21 days are over and see if there's any noticeable difference. Right now the main difference I'm seeing is that my already-low reserves of willpower are seriously deplenished. All non-essential work (like posting to this blog more regularly) has been suffering, since all I feel able to do consistently is to stumble out of bed to do the morning workouts and stumble toward each tiny portion of prescribed food. I'll let you know how it works out.


In the meantime, Happy Friday, and have a great weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts