Style Challenge: Pinspiration


This week's Putting Me Together Style Challenge was to copy an outfit that you pinned on pinterest. I found the outfit I chose interesting because I've worn similar outfits a lot, but I've never put these particular pieces together like this until the challenge. See the original outfit, here




Unfortunately, we missed our outdoor photo opportunity (darn those early sunsets) so the lighting isn't great in these shots. I thought about copying a different pinned outfit when I could get an outdoor photo, but the timing wasn't right, so this is what we have. On the plus side, though, I now have lots of "new" outfits, since I prepared a few extras just in case.


I have to say, it feels good to do something with all that time spent compulsively pinning pretty things. There's no need to buy something new in order to fulfill a pinterest wish. Sometimes it's just a matter of combining old things in new ways.







Comments

  1. Oh, I have that pictured pinned too and have been hoping to try something. I really like your look. You're so right that Pinterest sometimes makes us think of items we already have in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad Pinterest has some usefulness beyond helping me waste time...:)

      Delete
  2. Love your twist on the Pinterest inspired look! Your blazer with the contrasting trim is just so stylish and looks wonderful against the pretty pink. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right about combining old things in new ways. At first, Pinterest made me want to run out and get the same thing that I saw in one single Pin that I loved. And then I found that I never wore that thing again. I like your take on the pin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your kind and thoughtful comments.

Popular Posts