Spring Trends Now: Palazzo Pants


These palazzo pants from Target are my new spring obsession. They have a stretchy waist and they are big and flowy. So basically, they're like wearing pajamas. Styled with pumps and a dressy top, they work well for work. Later, I'll style them with some bohemian pieces for that seventies' vibe or with a striped top for a nautical look. But this workplace look was a happy surprise for me.


Tip; when an outfit is teetering on the edge of costumey (as they often do with me because I love costumes and period dress), add a modern element, like this arrow bracelet, to pull things into the present day.


One of the reasons I love these pants is they remind me of the ones Lady Sybil wore on Downton Abbey. They're practically a skirt, they're so flowy, but they have all the comfort and practicality of pants. Also, the high waist and long leg make me look a lot taller than I am.


I'm calling it: palazzo pants are the trend to try for spring. Who wouldn't want to wear pajamas in public while looking like you stepped off the set of a costume drama?





Comments

Popular Posts