Doc Rose's Perfect Book Nook


I had the joy of visiting a former professor and current colleague and friend last week for tea, conversation, and a little closet shopping. While there, Doc Rose (as I still call her, because I doubt I'll ever stop calling my former professors Doctor or Professor) showed us her charming book nook. I was so enamored that I had to document it in all its cozy, bookish glory.



Emmy the cat was very gracious to let us invade her space for a while.


I especially love all the thematic vignettes, like this shelf of cat mysteries, accented by a cat mug, or Virgil and Ovid accented by a Greco-Latin-inspired bookend (below).


 


These gorgeous shelves were handmade from scratch by Doc Rose's friend. Any man who can make such amazing bookshelves is a keeper!


This comfortable library is the perfect hideaway for grading papers, snuggling with the cat, drinking lots of Lady Grey tea, and, of course, for getting lost in a great book.


Speaking of books, my Mad Men Book Club starts this week. I've already read the first book of our series, The Best of Everything by Rona Jaffe, and I'm looking forward to discussing it here on the blog on Thursday. If you want to join in, there's still time to buy the book. It's available for Kindle here. Or I suppose you could watch the movie instead (though I've no idea if it's like the book since I haven't seen it.) In the meantime, I'll be sighing over these pictures of Doc Rose's perfect book nook.



Comments

Popular Posts