DIY July: Cardboard Cat Scratcher

 

My final installment of DIY July involved using my leftover moving boxes for a little cardboard cat-scratcher. There are lots of different versions of this project on the internet, but for all of them, you need some cardboard, and an exacto knife. I added in some duct tape and a little cat nip for mine, too.



To make the scratcher, I cut out several long strips of cardboard, then rolled them tightly into a spiral, taping each layer as I went. I'm pretty happy about the final result, although the cats are still a little skeptical.

  

I especially like how the finished product looks like a dream catcher when I put it up with a feather toy. It's definitely better looking than the old, scratched-up one I had hanging there before.



Hopefully, with a little more catnip, the cats will grow to love it as much as I do!



Comments

Popular Posts