Easiest Homemade Ice Cream Ever!


One of my summer goals was to make homemade ice cream using the recipe in this video. Now that a very important national holiday is upon us, (National Ice Cream month, of course -- what did you think I meant?) I knew it was time to share the delicious results with you.


Well, I am here to tell you that this recipe works! This really is the easiest homemade ice cream ever and it's pretty delicious.

What you need:



14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
16 oz container of whipping cream
A mixer
Any flavorings you desire. So far, I've only tried vanilla and today's yummy peach-cinnamon.


What you do:


Whip your whipping cream until it's light and fluffy and whipped-cream-like.
Add your sweetened condensed milk and keep on whipping. The final texture will be thick and creamy, but not hardened.
Add in any flavorings you desire. This time, I added a splash of vanilla extract, two chopped, fresh peaches, and a couple of shakes of cinnamon. At some point, I'll add crushed Oreos or pureed strawberries or bananas and vanilla wafers.
Transfer to a freezer-proof container. (I just use a big Gladware container).
Freeze until it gets to your desired level of hardness.
Enjoy!


If you're anything like me, you'll go through several of these reactions:



Posted by Laughing Colours on Sunday, November 30, 2014



Comments

Popular Posts