Summer Packing -- 10 pieces, 18 outfits


In the picture above is all the clothing I packed for our family vacation to Hot Springs and Memphis (not counting pajamas and bathing suits). I wanted to pack fewer clothes and mix and match more, but since it was August and we would be outdoors a lot and since we had no washer and dryer, I knew I couldn't re-wear a lot of the pieces. I used those 10 pieces to make about 6 outfits. But if I had had a washer and dryer, I could have made 18 outfits:
 That white kimono provided the perfect amount of coverage for modesty or chilly air-conditioning. It also made a great bathing suit cover-up.
 Layering over a dress transforms your maxi dress into a skirt and stretches your wardrobe.
One of the things I love about that sleeveless denim button-down shirt is that it layers well as a light-weight vest.

As summer dwindles and I have to start dressing more like a grown-up for the classes I'm teaching this fall semester, I'm mixing and matching my bohemian pieces even more, in order to get in as much fun and breezy summer wear as possible.



Comments

Popular Posts