It's Been a While...

Dear Readers,

It's been a while since I've posted anything here. Under such silent circumstances, you could well assume that I was experiencing some sort of tragedy or life-altering event, but -- alas! -- I've only been experiencing the extremely busy start of a new school semester on top of all kinds of August/September projects. Here's a little recap:

I celebrated the end of summer break with more bohemian dressing and a touch of purple in my hair, knowing I'd soon have to store my sandals and put on my pumps for school.




Getting ready for the return to school was complicated this semester when I gained two new sections of a new-to-me class only two weeks before the start of the semester. While I was (and am) grateful for the additional teaching opportunity and the fun of developing a new course, I suddenly found myself with a lot more to do at the end of summer break than I had planned for. In-between all that planning, I did manage to find a couple of new pieces for my back-to-school outfit:



(I did not, however, find time to buy camera batteries, so this fuzzy picture had to be taken with my phone.)

And so, the last 3 weeks have been filled with all the challenges of adapting to a new schedule and handling a workload that has tripled since summer, and I'm sad to say that my blog has taken the greatest hit. Here are a few snapshots of my off-duty life from the last few weeks:

 Many of our free days have been devoted to a recording project we are working on with a friend. We're enjoying using DBU's gorgeous studio.
Molly in the morning. Always lovely. 
I've been making some sermon-inspired "art" with the super-cool ladies of my church as part of our new women's Bible Study.

The 50th anniversary of this album happened, and we enjoyed a little commemorative listening.

 To celebrate our first date night in way too long, Adam and I went to the Meddlesome Moth in Dallas, where we enjoyed this amazing stained glass, dedicated to key figures of Rock n' Roll.

Well, that's all I have for today. I'm slowly limping toward our new "normal," and this blog post feels like an important part of that. My posts may continue to be sparse, but I hope to have something for you at least twice a week.

 Thanks for staying with me!


Comments

Popular Posts