Two Ways to Wear a Pencil Skirt

So it's September in Texas, which means it's still blazing hot out, but now I need to go to work looking put-together and the idealist in me thinks it's supposed to be some sort of New-England autumn (despite the total lack of logic there) just because it's after Labor Day. How do I reconcile these demands? Lightweight, functional separates in lovely fall colors. My favorite work separate is a neutral pencil skirt. This dark grey ponte pencil skirt is my new favorite. I found it at Nordstrom Rack for under $20. It's the perfect dark grey to match almost everything in my closet. And -- very important -- it's stretchy and comfortable. Here's how I wore it during the day on a Friday for work, and then out for a fun date night that evening.


This shirt is another new find from my back-to-school shopping. It's perfect for September because it's lightweight and sleeveless but it has an autumnal color scheme. It looks great tucked or untucked and it will layer well with a sweater or blazer when it gets cooler. With my favorite comfortable neutral pumps and a cardigan tossed in my bag for the inevitable AC storm indoors, I was all set for a full day of discussing Sixties film and music, Enlightenment-era literature, and thesis statements (or lack thereof).



For date night, I just exchanged my pumps for ankle boots and my nice top for a graphic tee -- et voila! -- the perfect date night combo of casual and chic.


Bonus points -- the ankle boots really bring on the fall feelings, but they are just as cool and comfortable as standard flats. (Especially these, because they have perforations).



Oh weekend, I miss you already!





Comments

Popular Posts