Spring Road Trip


One of my annual traditions is a Girls' Weekend right around the week of spring break. This year, we packed our bags and hit the road for Roswell, New Mexico, and we had a great time exploring antique stores and thrift shops, all sorts of alien and space paraphernalia, and wonderful local food and coffee. There was much laughter, late-night conversations, and carb-binging, and a lovely time was had by all. Here are a few pictures of the fun!


The UFO museum is cheesy, wonderful, not-to-be-missed fun!


Though there was a Starbucks in town, I got my coffee fix at Stellar Coffee. They made me an excellent cappuccino, which earned them an A in my book. When I tried one friend's blackberry mocha frappe and another friend's iced mango chai latte, they made it to A+ territory. Definitely check this place out if you are in Roswell. While you're downtown and you need refreshments, definitely eat at Big D's Downtown Dive. They have great sweet potato fries and this amazing cheese steak. I had a perfect green-chile burger.


Just one of many examples of alien-themed murals and other art adorning the streets of Roswell.




More fun in the UFO museum


All the ladies!

Between Easter, teaching at two schools with two different Spring Breaks, and this trip, March has been a little crazy for my schedule. I'm kicking off April with a different kind of crazy as I join friends and fellow artists for Opening Bell's tribute to David Bowie on Saturday, April 9. If you're in the Dallas area, we'd love to see you!



Comments

Popular Posts