That Seventies' Spring


This spring, I've been enjoying all the seventies and bohemian-inspired clothes I've been seeing around, and I've been itching for summer to come so I can go full-on hippie. In the meantime, though, I've been working some of those seventies' styles into my work wardrobe. Here are three of my favorite seventies-inspired looks for work.


Look #1 features a vintage polyester top I found at a thrift store in Roswell. Say what you will about polyester -- but it retains its new look forever! To make a bold piece like this work for the office/classroom, I added slacks, a cardigan and heels for just a touch of the seventies.




Look #2 is based on these palazzo pants that I debuted here last spring. The belt, nice blouse, and pointy heels kept things sleek and pulled together. These pants were perfect for the warm, windy weather that day. I stayed cool without having to worry about a dress blowing up in ways that are less than appropriate for a professor. :)



 

The final piece is a pretty straightforward carryover from the 70s: the wrap dress. This one has a fun tribal-ish print and it's really comfortable. To make a wrap dress work for me, I always make sure to pin down the top (or wear a camisole underneath). And since this dress hits below my knees, the nude heels helped my legs look a little longer.




How about you guys? Are any of you planning on embracing the seventies trends this spring?



Comments

Popular Posts