14x14 remix week 2

Well, I did it! I completed my first clothing remix. (Take a look back at the initial challenge and the 14 individual pieces, as well as week 1 of the remix.)

This is almost an exact copy of Outfit 2, but the chambray shirt and the grey shirt are switched. It's amazing how that small change can completely shift the tone of the outfit from slightly dressy and preppy to laid-back and casual.

Dark jeans, Blush button-up, burgundy blazer

Leggings and dark pink t-shirt worn over the chambray button-up. What you can't see in this picture is a hot pink belt on top, helping to give the look more shape. Black & White Tuxedo cat is optional.

Dark jeans, burgundy blazer (which looks much more purple with indoor lighting), and grey shirt. If I've learned only one thing from this project, it's that there are a million ways to style a simple long-sleeved grey t-shirt.

Red jeans, blush button-up, black floral cardigan. On this day, it was finally warm enough for me to wear flats and expose my naked ankles. ;)

The polka-heart tunic, tucked in, "leather" skirt, grey sweater

Red dress, grey sweater, and hearts with tights on them for Valentine's Day.

I have certainly enjoyed this challenge, and there are many more combinations that I never tried that I think would work if I continued using only these pieces, especially as it gets a little warmer. That being said, I'm kind of excited to choose from the other pieces in my closet when getting dressed this week. I hope this has inspired you to go into your closet and find some different ways to wear the pieces you already own. It certainly makes it easier for me to keep the 1-year-no-new-clothes challenge when I know that I can recombine the wardrobe I already have in more ways than I had imagined. As you can see from the pictures, we also did a lot of experimenting with lighting and different camera set-ups, so that's been a big learning process, too. In all, it's been fun, and I hope to try it again in a different season.


Comments

Popular Posts