1-year-no-new-clothes challenge: Winter Review


I've now gone two whole months without buying any new clothes. As I pack away my heavy sweaters and pull out my florals and pastels, here's a look back on weathering the winter months with no new sartorial reinforcements:

Clothing Hacks:




Most worn piece:

Because nothing beats a comfortable, versatile staple item.

My favorite outfits:

1. When I went shopping in this at the Container Store, not one, but two older middle-aged women complimented me. And we all know that impressing the patrons of the Container Store is what it's all about. 2. This last week, I got to start teaching again, and I must confess: I love dressing for work in what I call my "teacher costumes." It makes me feel more in character. That and my doctorate. ;) 3. This was a surprise outfit as cold days heaped themselves on top of one another and I kept heaping on the layers. But this one is so simple: long sleeved T, dark jeans, boots, a blazer -- but I just felt cool, cozy, and classy in it all day long. 4. Probably my favorite outfit so far. It was Valentines-y without being cutesy, edgy without being hard, and comfortable without looking blah. I wore it to a conference for creative types, so I felt like I could pull this look off without standing out too much. 5. The kind of outfit that works for home, the office, or Sunday morning. Plus I love the color of the top.

Most loved colors (when I wasn't wearing Valentine's pinks and reds):


Moment of greatest temptation: Early in the project, when I saw the perfect flowy, lacy, ivory bohemian top while attempting to speed past the clearance clothing section of Target. I literally thought, "no one will know that I didn't have this before -- and it's on clearance and it's just what I need for spring!" It was like those scenes with angels and devils on a person's shoulders. But I overcame. 

Favorite outfit photos:



As I mentioned yesterday on the blog, this month was all about experimenting with photos. It should come as no surprise that my favorite photos were taken by my husband in an outdoor, slightly overcast setting. I can't wait to get better at the photo aspect of the blog.

There you have it! I'm now looking forward to more fun with my spring wardrobe.



Comments

Popular Posts