5 fall updates with no new clothes

Back-to-school season is especially difficult for my 1-year-no-new-clothes challenge because I love to shop for new trends in the fall. Here are 5 easy ways that I plan on trying to update my fall look without buying new clothes:

1. Stack up some tiny rings


As I told you all a couple of weeks ago, I'm obsessed lately with stacking up dainty (and really cheap) rings. Apparently it's a fall trend. If you're really feeling brave, add some midi rings. (Those are the tiny rings that you wear above the knuckle.)

2. Pull out the plums and cabernets for lips and nails


My favorite dark red lipstick is Revlon colorburst balm stain in "adore."

3. Or, go bold with a navy nail polish.


I can't wait to try this. I like my nails to be not-quite-but-almost black in the fall.

4. Spring for some menswear-inspired footwear


Since I'm not buying new clothes, but shoes are allowed, I definitely updated my shoe wardrobe this fall. These oxford ankle boots were on clearance online, so they may not be available any more, but the gray oxfords are brand new from Target, and the best part is that they are super cushy and comfortable.

5. Buckle a belt around your scarf


This isn't exactly "new" advice, but apparently, the belted scarf look was all over fall 2014 runways, especially in the Burberry show. This picture and more like it are available at this site. 

So what do you think? Will you be updating your look with accessories and makeup this fall?



Comments

Popular Posts