Holiday Style: Parties and Weddings and Luncheons, Oh my!


'Tis the season of parties, which also means it's the season that stores fill up with frilly, sparkly frocks that bring visions of swanky affairs in cocktail attire to the mind. Alas, most of the parties I need to attend this time of year require no more formal attire than my nicest yoga pants and a cozy sweater, but this year, I had not one, but two occasions to dress up a bit more than usual.

The first was at my school's adjunct faculty luncheon, at which I wanted to strike the right balance between festive and professional:





The next was a fun holiday wedding, at which Adam proved, yet again, that bow-ties are cool.





 Both of these occasions took place on sunny days with temps in the upper 50s/lower 60s. It's a little colder now, so I probably would want a bit more coverage, but in general, tights and a sweater can bring any dress into the late fall and early winter months and still look party-ready.



Comments

Popular Posts