DIY July -- Ikea Hack Litter Box Covers


Today's "DIY July" project was so easy, it almost seems like it shouldn't count. Before we moved into our new place, I wanted to come up with a good solution for hiding our litter boxes since they wouldn't have their own room any more. I found this lovely tutorial for how to make attractive litter box covers out of Ikea Lack side tables. We already owned four such tables, so this solution seemed doable. I didn't get around to the project before our move, however, so for the last couple of months, the boxes have lived under the tables alone, like so:

 Before:


To finish the job, I found an old curtain that was unusable in our current apartment, measured and cut it to fit, and taped it with strong, double-sided tape to the underside of the tables. The finished product isn't quite as cool as the one in the original tutorial, but it was free because I used only what I already own, and it's functional, so I call that a win!

After:





Comments

Popular Posts